People Hate To Be Managed But They Love To Be Coached
Let that sink in. You probably feel the same way. “Let me do my job, be there if I need you”. If you are in management you probably realize that your staff feels the same way.
Here is a list of what employees want & need from their managers:
- Be a good coach
- Empower your team and don’t micro-manage
- Express interest in employees’ success and well-being
- Be productive and results-oriented
- Be a good communicator and listen to your team
- Help your employees with career development
- Have a clear vision and strategy for the team
- Have key technical skills, so you can help advise the team
It’s not rocket science, its what you or I and your employees would like from their supervisors. This list was derived from Project Oxygen, internet giant Google’s research into how their best managers perform. It’s pretty clear from looking at this list of Google’s Eight Habits of Highly Effective Managers that if you want to be a great manager you have to learn to be a great coach.
As business evolves into the 21st century it is clear that it needs to address the needs of it’s workers in a fashion quite different than the post industrial era.
The Coach Approach is your solution to learning these important skills, and how to help your staff Play To Win!
To learn more please fill in the form below.